BCS Foundation Certificate in Data Protection
LSA Training is an institution providing professional education to individuals pursuing career growth in an increasingly sophisticated and competitive world. We aim to promote excellence in education and training in both the academic and corporate world.
Duration: 4 days( 24 Hours )
- Week day Batches: ( Mon to Fri 10am to 4pm ) 4 Days
- Weekends Batches: ( Sat & Sun 10am to 4pm ) 2 weekends
The BCS Foundation Certificate in Data Protection course is run over 3 days, please check the course instance for the exact duration and course information.
This Certificate is intended to promote an understanding of UK data protection law.
Who would benefit?
The BCS Foundation Certificate in Data Protection is likely to be of particular benefit to anyone working within Data Protection and Privacy, whether as a stepping stone towards the Practitioner qualification or to give confidence and understanding in any secondary role.
It further benefits those in Information Governance, Project Management, legal departments, Marketing, IT/IS security and Human Resources, where an understanding of the law would give confidence and knowledge when decision taking
The course follows the latest BCS syllabus, and prepares delegates for the BCS Foundation Certificatein Data Protection examination.
The aim of this qualification is to promote an understanding of Data Protection in practice. Offering an appreciation of how the Data Protection Act (DPA) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (PECR) work.
By obtaining the Foundation CertIficate individuals will:
- Hold a recognised accredited qualification in data protection
- Have an understanding of individual and organisational responsibilities under DPA
- Be better placed to support their organisation in managing and handling customer/staff data in compliance with the DPA
- EU DP Directive 1995 UK Human Rights ’98 PECR 2003
- EU Charter of Fundamental Rights and Freedoms (Art 8)
- Role of The Commissioner: Overview
- Codes of Practice
- The 8 Principles
- Individual Rights
- Understanding Disclosures
- Criminal Offences
- Privacy and Electronic Communications (EU Directive)
- Good Practice
- Making Compliance happen in practice
Exams & Certification
The one hour Multi-choice examination concludes the course.
Also on this course we offer the following
- Hands on Experience
- Real Time project work
- Interview based Training
- Instructor Led – Face2Face /class room training
- More interaction with student to faculty and student to student.
- Detailed presentations. Soft copy of Material to refer any time.
- Practical oriented / Job oriented Training. Practice on Software Tools & Real Time project scenarios.
- Mock interviews / group discussions / interview related questions.
- Test Lab is in Cloud Technology – to practice on software tools if needed.
- We discuss about the real time project domains.
- The teaching methods / tools / topics we chosen are based on the current competitive job market.
Expected Salary/ Pay Package
- Expected Salaries are as follows:
- For Contractors £400 to £500 per day
- Permanent Positions £50 to £100k per annum all depends on experience and skills set