BCS Information Security Management Principles CISMP
LSA Training is an institution providing professional education to individuals pursuing career growth in an increasingly sophisticated and competitive world. We aim to promote excellence in education and training in both the academic and corporate world.
A thorough, practical, 5 day course designed to provide the knowledge and skills required to manage information security, information assurance or information risk based processes.
The Certified Information Security Management Principles (CISMP) is a Foundation course developed by the British Computer Society (BCS).
[The professional courses from the BCS were until recently branded as ISEB]
It is aimed at IT managers and staff requiring an understanding of the wide range of subject areas that make up Information Security Management.
It is also suitable for HR, Service Centre, Compliance, Business Continuity and Operations staff who require an awareness of information security issues.
Successful delegates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- Information Security Management issues eg confidentiality, integrity, availability, vulnerability, threats, risks and countermeasures
- Current legislation and regulations in the UK
- Current national and international standards, frameworks and organisations
- The business and technical environments (security products, malicious software, relevant technology etc.)
- The categorisation, operation and effectiveness of controls and safeguards
To sit the BCS exam delegates will need 12 months’ IT experience with at least 6 months in a security control environment.
- The need for Information Security
- Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts & definitions
- Information risk management
- Corporate governance
- Organisational responsibilities
- Policies, standards & procedures
- ISO/IEC 27002, 27001 & 13335
- Information security controls
- Incident management
- Legal framework – personal data, DPA, CMA, IPR & copyright, HR & employment issues
- Cryptographic models
- Data Communications & networks
- Physical security
- Auditing & gap analysis
- Training & raising awareness
- Business continuity
- Security investigations & forensics
Exams & Certification
This course prepares delegates to take the BCS Foundation Certificate in Information Security Management Principles.
The format of the exam is a 2 hour, closed book, multiple choice paper comprising 100 questions. The pass mark is 65%. (A distinction is awarded to those achieving at least 80%.)
Also on this course we offer the following
- Hands on Experience
- Real Time project work
- Interview based Training
- Instructor Led – Face2Face / Class room training only
- More interaction with student to faculty and student to student.
- Detailed presentations. Soft copy of Material to refer any time.
- Practical oriented / Job oriented Training. Practice on Software Tools & Real Time project scenarios.
- Mock interviews / group discussions / interview related questions.
- Test Lab is in Cloud Technology – to practice on software tools if needed.
- We discuss about the real time project domains.
- The teaching methods / tools / topics we chosen are based on the current competitive job market.
Expected Salary/ Pay Package
- Expected Salaries are as follows:
- For Contractors £400 to £500 per day
- Permanent Positions £50 to £100k per annum all depends on experience and skills set