The CompTIA A+ certification is the industry standard for computer support technicians. The international, vendor-neutral certification proves competence in areas such as installation, preventative maintenance, networking, security and troubleshooting.
Duration :6 days( 36 Hours )
- Week day Batches: ( Mon To Thur 9am to 2pm) 6 Days
- Weekends Batches: ( Sat & Sun 9am to 2pm ) 3 weekends
The CompTIA A+ certification is the industry standard for computer support technicians. The international, vendor-neutral certification proves competence in areas such as installation, preventative maintenance, networking, security and troubleshooting. CompTIA A+ is part of the certification track for corporations such as Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard, Cisco and Novell. Other technology companies, including CompuCom and Ricoh, have made CompTIA A+ certification mandatory for their service technicians.
After completing the course, learners will be able to
- Add, remove and configure internal and external storage devices.
- Apply basic troubleshooting techniques, thermal issues, error codes, power, connections including cables and / or pins, compatibility, functionality, software / drivers.
- Use LCD technologies, active and passive matrix, resolution such as XGA, SXGA+, UXGA, WUXGA, contrast ratio, native resolution, Input devices, stylus / digitizer, function (Fn) keys and pointing devices such as touch pad, point stick / track point
- Use operating system components including registry, virtual memory and file system, Windows Explorer, My Computer, Control Panel, Command Prompt, My Network Places, Task bar / systray, Start Menu, BOOT.INI, NTLDR, NTDETECT.COM, NTBOOTDD.SYS, Registry data files.
- Upgrade and optimize hardware, software and data security, BIOS, Authentication technologies. As well as many more
- Introduction to Computer System
- A+ Certification and Examination Overview
- Personal Computer Components
- Characteristics of storage devices
- Motherboards, Form Factor, ATX / BTX, Micro ATX / NLX
- I/Os, sound, video, USB, serial
- EIDE / PATA, SATA, SCSI
- Chipsets, BIOS / CMOS
- AC adapter, ATX, proprietary
- CPU chips, AMD, Intel, CPU technologies
- Memory, DRAM, SRAM, SDRAM, DDR / DDR2, RAMBUS
- ECC vs. non-ECC, Single-sided vs. double-sided
- Multimedia, USB, Parallel, network and modem
- Web and digital cameras, MIDI, microphones
- Video including PCI / PCIe and AGP, Multimedia
- Ports and cables, RJ45 and RJ11, PS2 / Mini-DIN, Coaxial
- Heat sinks, CPU and case fans, liquid cooling systems
- Storage devices, file systems and imaging technology
- Hardware / software configurations
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Diagnostic Motherboards, Power supply, Processor / CPUs,
- Memory, Display devices, Input devices, Adapter card, BIOS,
- Laptops and Portable Devices
- Memory and hard drives, Peripherals, docking station, port replicator
- Expansion slots, PCMCIA I, II and III, card and express bus,
- Ports, Communication connections
- LCD technologies,
- Resolution, XGA, SXGA+, UXGA, WUXGA
- Fn keys, LCD cutoff switch
- AC power, LEDs, swap AC adapter, DC power
- Managing disks, directories and files in operating systems
- Windows 95 and NT, hardware compatibility
- Troubleshooting Operating System
- Automated System Recovery (ASR), Emergency Repair Disk (ERD)
- Printers and Scanners
- BluetoothNetworking, TCP / IP, IPX / SPX including NWLINK, NETBEUI
- Cabling, UTP, CAT3, CAT5 / 5e, CAT6, Fiber
- LAN / WAN, ISDN, DSL, cable, satellite, Broadband
- Dial-up, Wireless, Infrared, Bluetooth
- Viruses, Trojans, worms, spam, spyware, adware, grayware
- File system security, FAT32 and NTFS
- Wireless Configurations, DHCP, WEP.x and WPA, MAC filtering
- Safety and Environmental Issues
- Install, configure, upgrade and optimize security
- Use job-related professional behaviour
- Previous Educational Background in IT or experience in support of networking.
- Instructor Led – Face2Face / class room training
- More interaction with student to faculty and student to student.
- Detailed presentations. Soft copy of Material to refer any time.
- Practical oriented / Job oriented Training. Practice on Software Tools & Real Time project scenarios.
- Mock interviews / group discussions / interview related questions.
- Test Lab is in Cloud Technology – to practice on software tools if needed.
- We discuss about the real time project domains.
- The teaching methods / tools / topics we chosen are based on the current competitive job market.
Also on this course we offer the following
- Hands on Experience
- Real Time project work
- Interview based Training
Expected Salary/ Pay Package
- Expected Salaries are as follows:
- For Contractors £400 to £500 per day
- Permanent Positions £50 to £120k per annum all depends on experience and skills set