Google Associate Cloud Engineer
This learning path is designed to help you and your team prepare for the Google Associate Cloud Engineer exam. Even if you aren’t planning to take the exam, the courses in this learning path will provide you with a solid understanding of how to set up a cloud solution environment, how to plan, configure, and deploy a cloud solution, and how to ensure successful operation of a cloud solution built with GCP resources and services.
Duration : 5 days( 40 Hours )
- Week day Batches: ( Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm ) 1 week
- Weekends Batches: ( Sat & Sun 10am to 4pm ) 4 weekends
- This learning path is designed to help you and your team prepare for the Google Associate Cloud Engineer exam. Even if you aren’t planning to take the exam, the courses in this learning path will provide you with a solid understanding of how to set up a cloud solution environment, how to plan, configure, and deploy a cloud solution, and how to ensure successful operation of a cloud solution built with GCP resources and services.
Candidates who pass the Associate Cloud Engineer exam will earn the Associate Cloud Engineer certification from Google.
The Associate Cloud Engineer exam tests your knowledge of several subject areas, including:
- Setting up a cloud solution environment
- Planning and configuring a cloud solution
- Deploying and implementing a cloud solution
- Ensuring successful operation of a cloud solution
- Configuring access and security
We’ll cover each of the exam sections within this learning path. Early in the learning path, we'll cover the setup of cloud projects and accounts, along with billing configuration management. We'll also tackle the installation and configuration of the command line interface.
Next, we'll dive into the Pricing Calculator and how to plan and estimate GCP product pricing. After covering the calculator, we'll get into planning and configuring GCP compute resources, data storage options, and network resources.
As you progress through this learning path, you'll learn how to deploy and implement Compute Engine resources, Google Kubernetes Engine resources, App Engine, Cloud Run, and Cloud Functions resources. You'll also learn how to deploy and implement data solutions as well as network resources. After you've learned all that, you'll learn how to deploy solutions using Cloud Marketplace and how to deploy application infrastructure using Cloud Deployment Manager.
Later on in this learning path, you'll learn how to manage GCP resources, including compute resources, Kubernetes Engine resources, App Engine resources, and Cloud Run resources. You'll also learn how to manage storage and database solutions and networking resources. We'll also get into monitoring and logging.
Rounding out this learning path, we'll cover identity and access management, service account management, and auditing for project and managed services.
- Set up a cloud solution environment using Google Cloud Platform
- Plan, setup, and configure a cloud solution using Google Cloud Platform
- Configure access and security using Google Cloud Platform
- People who want to become Google Associate Cloud Engineers
- People preparing for the Google Associate Cloud Engineer exam
- Basic database knowledge but not mandatory, we will train basic data base concepts on the day
Google Associate Cloud Engineer Exam Preparation Introduction
This introduction to the Google Associate Cloud Engineer learning path provides an overview of the requirements for the Associate Cloud Engineer exam and how they will be covered.
Overview of Google Cloud Platform
In this course, you'll learn about GCP services such as compute, storage, and networking, and how to create virtual machines and web apps using the Google Cloud Console and gcloud CLI.
Knowledge Check: Overview of Google Cloud Platform
Knowledge Check: Overview of Google Cloud Platform
Setting up a Google Cloud Platform Environment
In this course, you will learn how to create and set up new GCP projects, assign roles to users, learn how to enable APIs, set up budgets, and monitor spending.
Introduction to Google Cloud SDK
In this course, we will cover how to install, set up, and use the main features of the Google Cloud SDK.
Working with Google Cloud Storage from the Console
This Lab introduces you to all of the key concepts and trade-offs that you need to understand to work effectively with Google Cloud Storage.
Designing a Google Cloud Infrastructure
This course uses a case study to show how to apply the design principles of security, compliance, and disaster recovery to meet real-world requirements.
Deploying Networking and Compute Resources on Google Cloud Platform
This course teaches you how to deploy network and compute resources on GCP, preparing you for the Associate Cloud Engineer exam.
Starting a Linux Virtual Machine on Google Compute Engine
In this lab, you will create a new Compute Engine VM and then connect to it by using the browser-based SSH connection.
Create a Network Infrastructure with Google Virtual Private Cloud
In this Lab, you'll create a basic network infrastructure composed of a VPC, two Subnets in different regions, and two firewall rules that will filter the ingress traffic.
Planning and Configuring a Google Cloud Platform Solution
This course walks you through the services available when planning and configuring a GCP solution.
Scaling an Application Through a Google Cloud Managed Instance Group
In this lab, you will create an instance template, a managed instance group and you will load balance it by using an HTTP load balancer.
Managing Networking and Compute Resources on Google Cloud Platform
This course teaches you how to manage networking and compute resources on GCP, preparing you for the Associate Cloud Engineer exam.
Managing Google Kubernetes Engine and App Engine
This course explores GCP’s compute services, specifically App Engine and Kubernetes Engine.
Deploying Containerized Applications on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
Learn how to deploy containerized applications in Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) clusters from the Cloud Console, Cloud Shell, and Marketplace in this Lab.
Deploying and Implementing Google Cloud Platform Solutions
In this course, you'll learn how to deploy and implement Google Cloud Platform solutions, helping you to prepare for the Associate Cloud Engineer exam.
Respond to Events with Google Cloud Functions
This Lab teaches you how to use Cloud Functions, introducing you to all of the key concepts and trade-offs that you need to understand to work effectively with Cloud Functions.
Build and Deploy a Container Application with Google Cloud Run
In this lab, you will build a Docker image using Cloud Build and then you will deploy the application using Cloud Run, monitoring it and getting audit logs.
Configuring GCP Access and Security
To help you get the most out of the security tools offered in Google Cloud Platform, this course covers how to properly manage IAM, service accounts, and audit logs.
Run SQL Queries and Analyze the DB with Google Cloud SQL
In this lab, you will create two tables in a SQL PostgreSQL database, perform operations on them, monitor the resources usage and test that the atomicity property is respected by the database.
Introduction to Google BigQuery
Learn how to load data into BigQuery, run queries using standard SQL, and export data from BigQuery with this hands-on course.
Structure and Analyze Data with Google BigQuery
This Lab will show you the basic concepts of BigQuery and will allow you to handle data and query them in a real GCP environment.
Managing Your Google Cloud Infrastructure
This hands-on tutorial teaches you monitoring, testing, managing, and troubleshooting your GCP app infrastructure.
Monitor Compute Engine Resources Through Cloud Monitoring
In this lab, you will understand the best practices to monitor a compute engine instance by viewing the usage, creating alert policies and creating a chart.
Google Associate Cloud Engineer Exam Preparation Conclusion
This short video provides you with some other resources that you should review prior to taking the Google Associate Cloud Engineer exam.
Required Reading for Google Associate Cloud Engineer Exam
Google Cloud Scaling Applications Challenge
Demonstrate your Infrastructure skills for highly available and scalable applications by performing tasks required to set up a Compute Engine infrastructure in this lab challenge.
Google Cloud Networking Challenge
In this lab challenge, you'll be given a desired end state and be required to reach it using your knowledge of Google Cloud and networking.
- Instructor Led – Face2Face / class room training
- More interaction with student to faculty and student to student.
- Detailed presentations. Soft copy of Material to refer any time.
- Practical oriented / Job oriented Training. Practice on Software Tools & Real Time project scenarios.
- Mock interviews / group discussions / interview related questions.
- Test Lab is in Cloud Technology – to practice on software tools if needed.
- We discuss about the real time project domains.
- The teaching methods / tools / topics we chosen are based on the current competitive job market.
Also on this course we offer the following
- Hands on Experience
- Real Time project work
- Interview based Training
Expected Salary/ Pay Package
- Expected Salaries are as follows:
- For Contractors £500 to £600 per day
- Permanent Positions £60 to £120k per annum all depends on experience and skills set