BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection
LSA Training is an institution providing professional education to individuals pursuing career growth in an increasingly sophisticated and competitive world. We aim to promote excellence in education and training in both the academic and corporate world.
The BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection course is a comprehensive 5 day course that explores the nature of privacy and its relevance to today’s society.
The implications surrounding improper disclosure or leakage to individuals and organisations have never been greater, with the need to ensure compliance of the Data Protection Act 1998 at an all time high.
The BCS Certificate in Data Protection provides an entry point qualification for those with data protection responsibilities. It provides an effective conversion route for those needing to update their knowledge of and practice under the 1998 Data Protection Act.
The course is classroom based with workshops.
- IT Managers, IT Consultants, Legal and HR specialists.
Successful delegates will be able to:
- Understand the broader context of the Act, its origins and the reasons for data protection legislation
- Understanding how to apply the data protection principles and the standards the Act promotes to given sets of circumstances
- Understand the way in which the Data Protection Act works
- Gain a broad understanding of what has to be done to achieve compliance.
- What is Privacy?
- History & Origins
- The 8 Principles
- Individual Rights
- Criminal Offences:
- Case Studies
- Codes of Practice
- Related legislation & regulations:
- Privacy & Communications Reg’s
- Computer Misuse Act 1990 (CMA)
- Defamation Act
- Freedom of Information Acts
- Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA)
Exams & Certification
This course prepares delegate to take the BCS Certificate in Data Protection.
Many courses include a revision day and the exam itself which is taken on a date determined by the BCS. Check the details against a specific date and location since this is not always the case.
The examination is a three hour closed-book examination comprising three sections.
There is a balance of questions across the syllabus.
Section A: 20 multiple choice questions (1 mark each). All questions to be attempted.
Section B: 8 short answer bullet point questions (5 marks each). All questions to be attempted.
Section C: 6 essay style questions (10 marks each). 4 questions to be attempted.
The pass mark is 50 out of 100 (50%)
Also on this course we offer the following
- Hands on Experience
- Real Time project work
- Interview based Training
- Instructor Led – Face2Face / class room training
- More interaction with student to faculty and student to student.
- Detailed presentations. Soft copy of Material to refer any time.
- Practical oriented / Job oriented Training. Practice on Software Tools & Real Time project scenarios.
- Mock interviews / group discussions / interview related questions.
- Test Lab is in Cloud Technology – to practice on software tools if needed.
- We discuss about the real time project domains.
- The teaching methods / tools / topics we chosen are based on the current competitive job market.
Expected Salary/ Pay Package
- Expected Salaries are as follows:
- For Contractors £400 to £500 per day
- Permanent Positions £50 to £100k per annum all depends on experience and skills set