Certified Basel III Professional (CBP)
LSA Training is an institution providing professional education to individuals pursuing career growth in an increasingly sophisticated and competitive world. We aim to promote excellence in education and training in both the academic and corporate world.
Attendees will learn practical skills and solutions that will help them support the Basel III requirements, whilst implementing the solutions and skills learned within their organisation.
This course is recommended for all professionals who need to understand and speak the specialized language of compliance.
- IT Auditors
- Chief Risk and Compliance Officers
- IT, Security and Management Consultants
The seminar will give you the ability to
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of the core concepts involved in Advanced Measurement Methods for allocation of capital to operational risk, their respective advantages and limitations.
- Prepare for the BaselCert Examination, which we can host at the end of the course (optional).
- Define hands-on strategies and techniques for the definition, measurement, analysis, improvement, and control of operational risk within a banking organization.
Introduction to Basel Norms
- Brief History
- Basel Committee – its main goals
- Overview of Basel I
- 1988 Basel Accord – 5 Capital Thresholds
- Strengths of Basel I
- Shortcomings of Basel I
- Basel Capital Accord
Basel II in a Nutshell
- Objectives of Basel II
- Main elements of Basel II
- Basel II and the Financial Crisis
- Pillar 1 – Minimum Capital Requirements
- Key Changes in Pillar 1
- Pillar 2 – Supervisory review process
- Pillar 3 – Disclosures
- The 1988 Accord vs. the New Accord
- Need For The New Basel Norms
- The Basel III Norms
- Objectives of The Basel III Norms
- Basel III – Timeline
What is Basel III?
1.1. The Basel III papers
1.2. Was Basel II responsible for the market crisis?
1.3. Introduction to the Basel III Amendments
1.4. The Financial Stability Board (FSB), the G20 and the Basel III framework
The New Basel III Principles for risk management and corporate governance
The key areas where the Basel Committee believes the greatest focus is necessary
2.1 Board practices
2.2 Senior management
2.3 Risk management and internal controls
2.5 Complex or opaque corporate structures
2.6 Disclosure and transparency
The Quality of Capital
3.1 The numerator: A strict definition of capital
3.2 Limits and Minima
3.3 Common Equity Tier 1
3.4 Common shares issued by the bank
3.5 Additional Tier 1 capital
3.6 Tier 2 capital
3.7 Investments held by banks in capital instruments of other banks and financial and insurance entities
3.8 The corresponding deduction approach and the changes in the business model
3.9 Double Gearing and Basel III
3.10 Securitisation and Resecuritisation
- Previous Educational Background in IT or experience in support of networking.
Also on this course we offer the following
- Hands on Experience
- Real Time project work
- Interview based Training
- Instructor Led – Face2Face / class room training
- More interaction with student to faculty and student to student.
- Detailed presentations. Soft copy of Material to refer any time.
- Practical oriented / Job oriented Training. Practice on Software Tools & Real Time project scenarios.
- Mock interviews / group discussions / interview related questions.
- Test Lab is in Cloud Technology – to practice on software tools if needed.
- We discuss about the real time project domains.
- The teaching methods / tools / topics we chosen are based on the current competitive job market.
Expected Salary/ Pay Package
- Expected Salaries are as follows:
- For Contractors £400 to £500 per day
- Permanent Positions £50 to £110k per annum all depends on experience and skills set