Cyber Security – An Introduction
LSA Training is an institution providing professional education to individuals pursuing career growth in an increasingly sophisticated and competitive world. We aim to promote excellence in education and training in both the academic and corporate world.
This course will provide you with an introduction to cyber security, hackers, hacking techniques and terminology. It is suitable for IT professionals looking to understand more about online security, but is also a good introductory course for those from a non-IT background who need to understand more about website security and the protection of corporate systems and data.
The World Wide Web (WWW) and the Internet are fantastic places to converse, conduct business, do research, or simply relax and play a few games. But unfortunately, it’s also a place where some individuals create havoc by committing fraud, identity theft, robbery, or even more serious crimes such as terrorism. This course looks at the world of cyber security by examining the tricks these ne’er-do-wells use to hide their activity and ply their trade(s). It also looks at the steps individuals and organisations can take to protect against attacks as well as to avoid having their IT systems used as launch-pads for attacks against others.
- Describe the threats faced by organisations and individuals by hackers
- Define the different classifications of Malware
- Describe some of the ways malware can be contracted
- Understand the malware industry
- Define what botnets are and how they are used
- Describe what DoS and DDos attacks are
- Describe the stages of a hacking attack, including footprinting, social engineering, port scanning, network sniffing, etc.
- Describe the basics of Information Security and how to build an IS policy
- Describe how to deploy IS technologies within a network to defend against attack
- Describe how to respond to an attack and the steps to take to recover from one
None – although attending the ‘Fundamentals of Networking and the Internet’ & ‘Understanding the WWW’ courses would be an advantage
The course is split into a number of key sections, each one focusing different aspects of Cyber security.
Part 1 – Understanding the threats
The first section concentrates on understanding the threats we face by defining what hackers are, their motivations, and the tools they use. This section also focuses on the definitions of malware – what it is, how we get it and how big the malware industry is. In this section delegates will get first-hand experience of a malware infection on their computers.
Part 2 – Understanding the hacker and their processes
The second section takes a look at the processes involved in a hacking attack. Delegates will learn about footprinting, port scanning, network sniffing, phishing, social engineering, dumpster diving and physical attacks.
Part 3 – Understanding how to secure your network
The third section is dedicated to understanding the basics of Information Security and looks at how an organisation might approach the task of securing their networks against attacks. In this section, delegates will learn about the CIA triad, IS policy creation, risk management, CVE’s, network hardening, wireless security, penetration testing and incident management
- Previous Educational Background in IT or experience in support of networking.
Also on this course we offer the following
- Hands on Experience
- Real Time project work
- Interview based Training
- Instructor Led – Face2Face / class room training
- More interaction with student to faculty and student to student.
- Detailed presentations. Soft copy of Material to refer any time.
- Practical oriented / Job oriented Training. Practice on Software Tools & Real Time project scenarios.
- Mock interviews / group discussions / interview related questions.
- Test Lab is in Cloud Technology – to practice on software tools if needed.
- We discuss about the real time project domains.
- The teaching methods / tools / topics we chosen are based on the current competitive job market.
Expected Salary/ Pay Package
- Expected Salaries are as follows:
- For Contractors £400 to £500 per day
- Permanent Positions £50 to £100k per annum all depends on experience and skills set