Puppet Training Course
LSA Training is an institution providing professional education to individuals pursuing career growth in an increasingly sophisticated and competitive world. We aim to promote excellence in education and training in both the academic and corporate world.
Duration: 5 days (30 Hours)
- Week day Batches: ( Mon to Fri 10am to 4pm ) 5 Days
- Weekends Batches: ( Sat & Sun 10am to 4pm ) 3 weekends
Training course Overview:
Our Puppet training course will introduce you to the basic concepts and best practices for managing your infrastructure with Puppet Enterprise.
You will start by installing Puppet Enterprise, then learn Puppet best practices and use Puppet to write simple classes, and update and extend existing modules, as well as gaining skills to deploy basic system configurations using best practices for Puppet in a Master-Agent setup.
Puppet Enterprise component roles (and Puppet Open Source)
The core concepts for the Puppet DSL
Separating logic from presentationusing Templates
Modeling with Defined Resource Types
Building complex configurations using Advanced Classes
Using modules from the Puppet Forge and Supported Modules
Roles and Profiles design pattern
IT Managers, Developers and Systems Administrators looking for an introduction to Puppet – A Linux background is useful
The fundamental component roles that make up Puppet Enterprise (and Puppet Open Source)
The Core Concepts for The Puppet DSL
Modules and Classes
Separating logic from presentation by using templates
Modelling repeatable portions of your configuration using Defined Resource Types
Parameterized Classes for complex configurations
Introduction to Inheritance
Introduction to Data Separation using Hiera
Revisiting Classification using parameterized classes & ADB
Using modules from Puppet Forge and associated modules
How Design Patterns can help in Developing Puppet Applications
- Instructor Led – Face2Face / class room training
- More interaction with student to faculty and student to student.
- Detailed presentations. Soft copy of Material to refer any time.
- Practical oriented / Job oriented Training. Practice on Software Tools & Real Time project scenarios.
- Mock interviews / group discussions / interview related questions.
- Test Lab is in Cloud Technology – to practice on software tools if needed.
- We discuss about the real time project domains.
- The teaching methods / tools / topics we chosen are based on the current competitive job market.
Also on this course we offer the following
- Hands on Experience
- Real Time project work
- Interview based Training
- Previous Educational Background in IT or experience in support of networking.
Expected Salary/ Pay Package
- Expected Salaries are as follows:
- For Contractors £400 to £500 per day
- Permanent Positions £50 to £120k per annum all depends on experience and skills set