ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing (ISEB/ISTQB Manual Testing)
LSA Training is an institution providing professional education to individuals pursuing career growth in an increasingly sophisticated and competitive world. We aim to promote excellence in education and training in both the academic and corporate world.
Duration: 2 days( 12 Hours )
- Week day Batches: ( Mon to Fri 10am to 4pm ) 2 Days
- Weekends Batches: ( Sat & Sun 10am to 4pm ) 1 weekends
Pre – Requisites
It is strongly recommended by the syllabus board that candidates also have at least a minimal background in either software development or software testing, such as six months experience as a system or user acceptance tester or as a software developer, and take an accredited course such as this one.
Who can attend?
The Foundation Level qualification is aimed at anyone involved in software testing. This includes people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers.
This Foundation Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who wants a basic understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants.
Holders of the Foundation Certificate will be able to go on to the higher level software testing qualification; the Practitioner Certificate.
The objectives of this course are
- To prepare candidates for the ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing based on the ISTQB syllabus;
- To improve understanding of software testing – its purpose and nature – and to raise awareness of issues and constraints around
- To provide a professional qualification widely recognised by employers, customers and peers;
- To introduce test techniques (static, white box and black box) to delegates as well as providing practical experience of some
- To learn standard terminology;
- To provide a complete picture of the test activities and processes from requirements review to system implementation; and
- To discover good sources of information.
The objectives for the qualification are in the ISTQB syllabus and include:
- Enabling software suppliers to hire certified testers and thereby gain commercial advantage over their competitors by
advertising their tester recruitment policy.
- Enabling comparison of testing skills across different countries, testers to move across countryborders more easily and
multinational/ international projects to have a common understanding of testing issues.
- The fundamentals of testing
- Testing throughout the software life cycle
- Static techniques
- Test design techniques
- Test management
The ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing is based on the ISTQB syllabus. This course prepares delegates for the multiple choice examination for the qualification. The course has six main parts: Fundamentals of testing; Testing throughout the life cycle; Static test techniques; Test design techniques; Test management; and Test tools.
Exam fee: £130
- Instructor Led – Face2Face / class room training
- More interaction with student to faculty and student to student.
- Detailed presentations. Soft copy of Material to refer any time.
- Practical oriented / Job oriented Training. Practice on Software Tools & Real Time project scenarios.
- Mock interviews / group discussions / interview related questions.
- Test Lab is in Cloud Technology – to practice on software tools if needed.
- We discuss about the real time project domains.
- The teaching methods / tools / topics we chosen are based on the current competitive job market.
Expected Salary/ Pay Package
- Expected Salaries are as follows:
- For Contractors £400 to £500 per day
- Permanent Positions £50 to £100k per annum all depends on experience and skills set