ISTQB Advanced Certificate for Test Managers
LSA Training is an institution providing professional education to individuals pursuing career growth in an increasingly sophisticated and competitive world. We aim to promote excellence in education and training in both the academic and corporate world.
Duration: 6 days( 36 Hours )
- Week day Batches: ( Mon to Fri 10am to 4pm ) 6 Days
- Weekends Batches: ( Sat & Sun 10am to 4pm ) 3 weekends
The Certificate for Test Managers is based on the ISTQB Advanced level syllabus. It extends the knowledge gained in the ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing and is one of three certificated courses in the overall advanced scheme.
ISTQB Advanced Test Manager is suitable for those who are expecting to be actively involved in the management of any aspect of software testing. The course, which is fully compliant with the syllabus and its prescribed learning objectives, contains 9 key modules of at least the required duration (minutes)
- Basic Aspects of Software Testing (150)
- Testing Processes (120)
- Test Management (1120)
- Reviews (120)
- Incident Management (80)
- Standards & Test Improvement Process (120)
- Test Tools & Automation (90)
- People Skills & Team Composition (240)
Taking the ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate syllabus in Software Testing as its basis, the certificate and course build directly on key aspects of management
- To prepare candidates for the examination for the Advanced Certificate for Test Managers.
- To extend understanding of software test management – its practical application and key components – and to enhance awareness of issues and constraints around software test management.
This advanced level qualification for test managers is aimed at all testing professionals who hold the ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing and who wish to gain greater knowledge and recognition of test management and its application. In addition it is strongly recommended by the syllabus board that candidates also have at least 18 months experience in Software Testing and take an accredited course before sitting the exam:
Testers, Test Analysts, Test Engineers, Test Consultants, Test Managers, User Acceptance Testers, Project & Programme Managers and Software Developers.
- Testing in the Software Lifecycle
- Testing for Specific System Types
- Metrics & Measurement
- Test Tool Concepts
- Test Tool Categories
- The Principles of Reviews
- Introducing Reviews
- Success Factors for Reviews
- Process, Evaluate, Analyze Defect & Update Defects Taxonomy
- Individual Skills
- Test Team Dynamics
- Fitting Testing Within an Organization
- Test Management Documentation
- Test Plan Documentation
- Test Estimation
- Scheduling Test Planning
- Test Progress Monitoring & Control
- Business Value of Testing
- Distributed, Outsourced & Insourced Testing
- Introduction to Risk-Based Testing
- Risk Management
- Risk Management in the Lifecycle
- Failure Mode & Effect Analysis
- Test Management Issues
- Improving the Test Process
- Different industry models
This is a tutor-led course using a mixture of slide presentations, discussions, tool demonstrations and practical exercises. It is presented as two modules (3 days 2 days), plus an exam preparation and revision day. The qualification is assessed by means of a three hour multiple choice-style examination, which may be taken at public exam centres, administered by ISEB.
- Instructor Led – Face2Face / class room training
- More interaction with student to faculty and student to student.
- Detailed presentations. Soft copy of Material to refer any time.
- Practical oriented / Job oriented Training. Practice on Software Tools & Real Time project scenarios.
- Mock interviews / group discussions / interview related questions.
- Test Lab is in Cloud Technology – to practice on software tools if needed.
- We discuss about the real time project domains.
- The teaching methods / tools / topics we chosen are based on the current competitive job market.
Expected Salary/ Pay Package
- Expected Salaries are as follows:
- For Contractors £400 to £500 per day
- Permanent Positions £50 to £90k per annum all depends on experience and skills set