PRINCE2® Practitioner (2009)
LSA Training is an institution providing professional education to individuals pursuing career growth in an increasingly sophisticated and competitive world. We aim to promote excellence in education and training in both the academic and corporate world.
Duration: 5 days( 30 Hours )
- Week day Batches: ( Mon to Fri 10am to 4pm ) 5 Days
- Weekends Batches: ( Sat & Sun 10am to 4pm ) 3 weekends
LSA Training offers a 5 days PRINCE2™ course an internationally acclaimed, structured, comprehensive project management approach used and recognized by both the private and public sector. It can be applied to any kind of project, especially in the IT field. The Prince 2 Foundation Course is the first of two milestones to become a PRINCE2™ Practitioner.
The PRINCE2™ Practitioner Course equips you with skills that you will find very useful in your workplace. This is critical in the corporate world where companies are always looking out for efficient, certified project managers.
This course provides an introduction to PRINCE2™ techniques and is a feeder to the next level. The PRINCE2™ Foundation Course is accredited by the APMG and can be completed while working. This course will help you hone project management skills like delivery of business objectives and achieving goals within time and budgetary constraints.
By taking this course you get a good understanding of PRINCE2™ techniques and applications. You are awarded a Registered PRINCE2™ Practitioner certificate that is recognized internationally. Once you are done with this course you will see an exponential boost in your career prospects.
This course gives you an experience of pre-project activities like goal planning, takes you through the interim stages of a project and also shows you how to tie up a project in a PRINCE2™ environment.
The following subjects will be covered during the course:
- The relationship between a project and its Business Case.
- Detailed explanation of the PRINCE2® Principles, Themes and Processes.
- Roles and associated tasks and responsibilities, within a PRINCE2® project.
- The management of Risks and Issues in a project
- Structure and contents of a product focused project plan.
- The management of a project relative to the project plan.
- Definition, management and acceptance of work packages.
- Relationship between the Business Case, programmes and the project.
- PRINCE2® Principles – Continued business justification, Learn from experience, Defined roles and responsibilities, Manage by stages, Manage by exception, Focus on products and Tailor to suit the needs of the project environment
- PRINCE2® processes – Starting Up a Project, Initiating a Project, Directing a Project, Controlling a Stage, Managing Product Delivery, Managing Stage Boundaries and Closing a Project
- PRINCE2® Themes – Business Case, Organization, Quality, Plans, Risk, Change and Progress
- Examination technique for the exam.
- Introduction to PRINCE2™
- PRINCE2™ Processes
- Starting Up a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Directing a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing Stage Boundaries
- Closing a Project
- PRINCE2™ Components
- Business Case
- Management of Risk
- Quality in a Project Environment
- Configuration Management
- Change Control
- PRINCE2™ Techniques
- Product Based Planning
- Quality Review
- Change Control
PRINCE2 Exam Fees 2011
Open Centre exams in PRINCE2 are available at the following 4 venues in the UK:
pearson vue and Promatric will conduct the exams
Foundation Examination – £215.00 (inc.VAT)
Practitioner Examination – £400.00 (inc.VAT)
Both Exams – £615.00 (inc.VAT)
You can book online via debit or credit card. You can book either a single exam or the Foundation & Practitioner exams together, please note that the online booking system will close one week prior to the advertised examination date.
- Instructor Led – Face2Face / class room training
- More interaction with student to faculty and student to student.
- Detailed presentations. Soft copy of Material to refer any time.
- Practical oriented / Job oriented Training. Practice on Software Tools & Real Time project scenarios.
- Mock interviews / group discussions / interview related questions.
- Test Lab is in Cloud Technology – to practice on software tools if needed.
- We discuss about the real time project domains.
- The teaching methods / tools / topics we chosen are based on the current competitive job market.
Expected Salary/ Pay Package
- Expected Salaries are as follows:
- For Contractors £400 to £500 per day
- Permanent Positions £50 to £120k per annum all depends on experience and skills set