Tableau Training and Data Visualization Course
LSA Training is an institution providing professional education to individuals pursuing career growth in an increasingly sophisticated and competitive world. We aim to promote excellence in education and training in both the academic and corporate world.
Duration :5 days( 30 Hours )
- Week day Batches: ( Mon To Thur 10am to 4pm) 5 Days
- Weekends Batches: ( Sat & Sun 10am to 4pm ) 3 weekends
What is the focus of this course?
- Tableau Desktop is one of the most used data visualization, reporting and Business Intelligence tool in the world. It has regularly been a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant. Tableau is simple to use requiring minimum skill level and has great visualization capabilities making it the reporting tool of choice for multiple enterprises.
- The Tableau Desktop 10 training provided by Simplilearn is to ensure you are ready to take up a job assignment requiring Tableau Desktop expertise. The course has been specifically designed to give your Tableau career a strong boost. This Tableau training focuses on skills, such as visualisation building, analytics and dashboards. This course also prepares you for the Tableau Desktop 10 Qualified Associate certification exam by Tableau.
Who should do this course?
The Tableau training provided by Simplilearn is the perfect course for someone who wishes to enter the field of analytics. This training is designed for
- Analytics professionals,
- IT developers & testers,
- Data analysts,
- Data scientists,
- BI and reporting professionals
- Project managers
- Professionals aspiring for a career in growing and demanding fields of real-time big data analytics
- Business users who want to develop a set of core Tableau Desktop
- Aspirants and students, who wish to gain a thorough understanding of Tableau Desktop
- Professionals looking to appear for a Tableau Certification exam
Overview of Tableau, data visualization and analytics, elements of the Tableau dashboard, understanding the significance of Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server, extensively work with data visualization using line, bar, area, stacked bar, and multi line charts, connecting with Excel data.
Deep dive into Tableau Graphs
Various data representation techniques, like Tables, Graphs and Maps understanding the basics of Tree Map, Histogram, Filled Map, Symbol Map, Pie Chart, Trend Lines, Normal Tables and Multi measure Tables.
Tableau Table Joins
Understanding the conditions and methodology for joining Tables, knowledge of Multi Table Joins.
Working with Metadata
Working with Table, creation of Calculated Fields, duplicating and renaming columns, conversion of data types, default aggregation.
Hierarchy & Groups
Tableau Hierarchy creation, Static Group creation, deploying functions for Group creation.
The various options of Sorting in Tableau, sorting of Multi-dimensional graph, deploying combined fields and setting sorting priorities.
Dual Axis Graphs
Working with Dual Line Charts, Multiline Chart, Donut Chart, Pie Chart, working with Measure Name and Measure Values.
Learning about the different type of Single Axis Histogram, Dual Axis Histogram.
Understanding how to design and work with Pareto Chart
Deploying Motion Chart for data that changes over time using x and y axes
Representation of numerical data through quartiles using Box Plot
Working with Funnel Chart for data that progressively reduces with each stage.
Deploying Waterfall Chart for understanding the cumulative effect of sequential values.
Understanding the concept of Set which is an entity whose composition is based on a computed condition.
String Calculated Fields
Learning how to perform various operations on Strings like concatenation, manipulation and analyzing with String Calculated Fields
Date Calculated Fields
Working with Date Calculated Fields for performing operations like parsing, modifying and analyzing.
Learning to use the dynamic values or parameters including What if Analysis, Column Selection Parameters, Chart Selection Parameters
Tableau lets you add interactivity and context to your data using Filter Actions, URL Actions.
Working with the Tableau Dashboard and understanding the various concepts like Formatting, Containers, Navigations and Actions.
Understanding the basic Architecture of Tableau, learning about Tableau Desktop features, Tableu Server, working of Tableau and the various Tableau Products.
Tableau Products, Tableau public Features, Tableau Desktop personal features, Tableau Desktop professional feature, Tableau Server Feature, Tableau File System, Tableau Working, Tableau Server Architecture
Tableau Connections –Live Connection and Data Extract Connection, Comparing the two Live And Extract connection
Learning to work on Tableau by sharing the dashboard with offline users.
Methods to work with data from disparate sources, defining the relationship between the data and combining it in the optimal way.
Working with various Tableau Filter options, understanding the Filter Dimensions and ways to make the Filter Global.
Taking the various data sources and implementing to blend the graphs, using Global Fliter for blending graphs.
Tableau LOD Expression
Tableau Level of Detail Expressions for combining aggregate and non-aggregate data, converting aggregate to non-aggregate data in Tableau 9.X
Integrating MapBox on Tableau for deploying Maps into Tableau Visualization
Understanding Tableau Table Calculation, familiarizing with Graph and View, learning about Context filter.
Understanding the concept of aggregating data in Tableau, defining Table Calculation, working with Drop Lines, Mark Labels, FORMAT function, working with String, Date and Logical Function, data disaggregating, forecasting.
LOD Expression Function
Deploying the Exclude function in LOD
Integration of Tableau and R
Introduction to R Statistical computing, the various applications and use cases of R language, deploying R on the Tableau platform, learning the R functions in Tableau, the concept of Outliers in tableau,
K-means in Tableau
Learning how to deploy K-means clustering in order to group and parse data in Tableau.
The art of telling stories with Tableau, the importance of story point and determining when to deploy Tableau Storytelling
Storytelling on Graph
Converting the data available on a Graph into a Visual Storytelling endeavour.
Clustering and Advanced Bar charts in Tableau 10
You will learn to create clustering, understanding how it works for scatter plots, text tables and maps, creation of custom territories, mastering the art of advanced bar charts in Tableau 10.This video explains about clustering, creating custom territories and Advanced Bar charts in Tableau 10.
Multiple data source filters & advanced maps
Understanding the various Tableau 10 features like Highlighter, deploying multiple data sources for creation of filter and advanced mapping functionalities.
Beautify by design in Tableau 10
Introduction to the various new features of Tableau 10, working with Device Designer, New Device Interface, Color palette and more.
Data breakthrough in Tableau 10
Understanding new data breakthrough in Tableau 10, new features of data sources, integrating multiple data sources for deriving insights.
Tableau Interactive Dashboard
Data Set – Sales
Topics – This project is involved with working on a Tableau dashboard for sales data. You will gain in-depth experience in working with dashboard objects, learn about visualizing data, highlight action, and dashboard shortcuts. With a few clicks you will be able to combine multiple data sources, add filters and drill down specific information. You will be proficient in creating real time visualizations that are interactive within minutes.
Upon completion of this project you will understand how to create a single point of access for all your sales data, ways of dissecting and analyzing sales from multiple angles, coming up with a sales strategy for improved business revenues.
- Previous Educational Background in IT or experience in support of networking.
Exam & certification
What are the prerequisites to earn the Tableau Desktop 10 Qualified Associate training?
- There are no prerequisites to take this exam but Tableau recommends you have 5+ months of Tableau Desktop working experience.
Also on this course we offer the following
- Hands on Experience
- Real Time project work
- Interview based Training
- Instructor Led – Face2Face / class room training
- More interaction with student to faculty and student to student.
- Detailed presentations. Soft copy of Material to refer any time.
- Practical oriented / Job oriented Training. Practice on Software Tools & Real Time project scenarios.
- Mock interviews / group discussions / interview related questions.
- Test Lab is in Cloud Technology – to practice on software tools if needed.
- We discuss about the real time project domains.
- The teaching methods / tools / topics we chosen are based on the current competitive job market.
Expected Salary/ Pay Package
- Expected Salaries are as follows:
- For Contractors £400 to £500 per day
- Permanent Positions £50 to £100k per annum all depends on experience and skills set