SSCP – Systems Security Certified Practitioner
LSA Training is an institution providing professional education to individuals pursuing career growth in an increasingly sophisticated and competitive world. We aim to promote excellence in education and training in both the academic and corporate world.
The (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification covers seven domains which they describe as ‘the compendium of topics pertaining to an Information Systems Security Practitioner’, the CBK (Common Body of Knowledge). The seven domains maps directly to the seven modules of this course listed below, it is referred to as a taxonomy or collection of past, present and future topics around Information Security.
The SSCP is aimed at security go-to-people, on the front line of a business dealing with technologies employed to protect Information. If you are responsible for implementing and maintaining countermeasures such as Firewalls, Intrusion Detection or Prevention, Anti-Virus solutions or Public Key Infrastructures and you want a certification to attest to your skills and professionalism within Information Security, this is it.
This credential is ideal of those who have already obtained or are working towards positions such as: Security Administrators; Security Systems Analysts and Network Security Administrators.
It may also be of interest to those who desire a better understanding of security, but do not have a direct security role, examples of these could include: System Administrators; Network Administrators; Systems Analysts; Auditors and Database Administrators.
- SSCP maps to just over half of the CISSP required knowledge, so it is great as a precursor or certification path to follow if you intend on obtaining CISSP in the future.
- Build a relationship with (ISC)2 and use the many member benefits to manage and improve your career as a Information Security professional.
- SSCP allows you to waive one year of the 5 years experience required to pass CISSP, (other certifications can also allow this).
Required experience: one year working in the Information Security arena, covering at least one of the domains from the SSCP CBK. Proof of this must be supplied to (ISC)2
Module 1: Access Controls
- Identification Authentication Authorisation and Accounting
- Logical Access Controls (Subjects accessing Objects)
- Implementing Authentication
- Access Control Models, MAC, DAC, NDAC and RBAC
- TCSEC, ITSEC and Common Criteria
Module 2: Cryptography
- Public Key Infrastructure’s
- Confidentiality and Integrity
- Digital Signatures
- Transmission Security
Module 3: Malicious Code and Activity
- Viruses, Trojan’s, Worms and their characteristics
- Anatomy of an attack
- Hackers and Crackers
- Incident detection and prevention, tools and techniques
Module 4: Monitoring and Analysis
- Security Auditing and Frameworks
- Vulnerability and Penetration Testing
- IDS and IPS and Firewalls
- Logging and Monitoring
Module 5: Networks and Communications
- OSI and Networking Technologies
- TCP/IP and LAN based protocols
- Remote Access Protocols
- Wireless Security
Module 6: Risk, Response and Recovery
- Risk Management
- Business Continuity Planning
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Incident Response and Forensics
Module 7: Security Operations and Administration
- Policies, Standards and Guidelines
- Change and Configuration Management
- System Development Lifecycle
- Security best practices
Exams & Certification
The (ISC)2 SSCP exam is not a part of the course.
Also on this course we offer the following
- Hands on Experience
- Real Time project work
- Interview based Training
- Instructor Led – Face2Face / Class room training
- More interaction with student to faculty and student to student.
- Detailed presentations. Soft copy of Material to refer any time.
- Practical oriented / Job oriented Training. Practice on Software Tools & Real Time project scenarios.
- Mock interviews / group discussions / interview related questions.
- Test Lab is in Cloud Technology – to practice on software tools if needed.
- We discuss about the real time project domains.
- The teaching methods / tools / topics we chosen are based on the current competitive job market.
Expected Salary/ Pay Package
- Expected Salaries are as follows:
- For Contractors £400 to £500 per day
- Permanent Positions £50 to £110k per annum all depends on experience and skills set